Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Holy crap...

So my friend Liz chastised me today for not having put up a post in quite some time and honestly it didn't feel like it was that long ago, but it surely and truly was. So if you are regular checker of this blog, please forgive me. I will try and make this full and you will have the full scope of what I have been up to so that it will make some sense to you why I have been so sparse.

Gym Antics...

Things at my gy... err Fitness spa are going well. I don't think I will ever get used to the Fitness Spa name. They are really serious about things there. (Too serious? That is still up in the air.) One of the things that I am still struggling with is going from the gym (screw them) to work. I have to wear a tie and sport coat to work and I haven't found a good way to get stuff from my house to the gym, then work out then get from the gym to work without really wrinkling the hell out of my clothes. I have tried whole garment bags, but they are too cumbersome, I have tried small zip up hanging bags, but they are obnoxious. I have been trying to find a way to get my stuff to work and leave it there directly after the cleaners and then just take a quick change of clothes, but that means I am wearing clothes, gym clothes and work clothes all in the same day and if that doesn't make an environmentalist cringe -- they probably aren't cringable.

The scummy salesman on the other hand, has been absent. I am sure it is just a conflicting schedule thing, but it is weird to not have him around giving me "shooter finger" or "thumbs-ups" or something else that makes me feel marginalized.

I had a strange reaction to the TV's at the gym today. They have a platoon of TV's in front of the cardio equipment and one of them that was near me today had on Fox News. They had a story blurb about Mark Foley (R-FL). For those of you who are not currently evented, he is the douchebag that was internet sexing, inappropriately conducting text messaging with pages at the United States House of Representatives. Whatever the guy is a scumbag, sick scumbag, but a scumbag none-the-less. So anyway, the Fox report was that Mark Foley's lawyer released a statement saying he was "molested by a member of the clergy as a teenager". To which my natural un-filtered response was, "AWW You have got to be fucking kidding me." More on this later. But the three old women behind me on the stair steppers and tread mill apparently heard me and started to tune in. I was a little embarrassed. I wish that swearing wasn't such a natural reaction to me, but I have a filthy mouth and sometimes I just drop F-Bombs and don't even mean to.

I also had a run in with a nekkid talker. I was going to go the jacuzzi, but it was broken, so I decided to sit in the sauna, but the sauna at my gym is a one seater, and some one had just jumped in. So when I politely said I wasn't going to join in, he said, "I can make room," and he scooted over leaving a sweaty naked ass print on the wood of the sauna. note to self: don't ever go in the sauna at the gym EWWW!

Doomed!...
Folks we are doomed. As a nation. The whole lot of us, are doomed. D-O-O-M-E-D!

There are two reasons why.

1.) Editing and proofreading on the internet are dead. They don't exist. The desire to have news released two seconds before it happens has lead to either shitty writers being hired, or shitty editors doing the editing, or some combination of the two. Here is a quote from a CNN.com article.

While honing his skills on stage, he held several odd jobs as a landscaper, teacher, carpenter and illustrator while honing his skills on stage.


Maybe I am being harsh, but honestly. This isn't some random 14 year old's blog here. This is a major legitimate news source. Somebody should have caught that.

2.) Capitalism has gotten out of hand. Somethings need to be sacred. I was up in Boston and I was overwhelmed by all the tschotke bullshit. In the garden square between the Old North Church and St. Steven's church -- two sites that were 1.) Instrumental in the start of the Revolutionary War and 2.) That last standing Charles Bulfinch church in Boston, respectively -- there was a guy selling T-shirts, the souvenir kind that have all of the funny misspellings that make it a "Bahston Shiht". But I was really struck by the Old City Hall (It might have been the old state house) that is now a Ruth's Cris Steakhouse. Yikes.

But outside of the capitalism I had really lovely time in Boston and it deserves a post unto itself.

Todays blog of the day:
Marmaduke Explained
Why?
Marmaduke is my grandfather's favorite comic. Actually it might be a tie between Marmaduke and, as my grandfather calls it,
"Ole Beatle Bailey". I have very found memories of Marmaduke, I even have a Marmaduke book of comics that I ordered from a book club once. Point is, I love it, but it is one of the stupidest comics ever. I mean have you ever met a person that owns a Great Dane? Me either. But this is a funny page, that somehow makes the strip even funnier to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy Guth said...

Ew. Nekkid talker. Ew.

10/08/2006 04:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! Quit slackin'. Write somethin'.
- Jan

10/20/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ole Beatle Bailey. But isn't it "Ole Marmaduke," too? I like your blog. C

11/05/2006 03:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home