Saturday, September 16, 2006

I hate malls...

I went to the mall today, which is an event usually reserved for movie night because they have one of those enormous 16 theater cineplexes with the stadium seating and the hornery staff and I can walk to it which is honestly the big selling point, other wise the $10 movie ends up costing $15 with parking; and when you add in popcorn and soda a night at the movies will cost you about $39,862.99.

So I really detest the mall because by and large I am an odd body type and I can virtually never find clothes; that are reasonably priced; that fit; and that are something I would wear anyway.

While I was in Nordstrom's there was a pair of blue jeans, and they came in at a whopping $220.00. Maybe that doesn't shock you. But I was absolutely aghast. One of the things that they had as a feature - I guess you would call it a feature - was a pre-broken crease behind the knee. If you wear jeans to work you will know what I mean, when you sit down for a while you get that wrinkle that sits just behind the knee. Anyway they had that wrinkly in them. I don't know if that was made them cost $220 but I will tell say one thing. If you have.... No wait... if you are in a position where you look at these jeans (or any other jeans over $45.00) and think, I don't like the way they look, or fit, smell. But are not deterred by the price, I hope that you also donate your time to a soup kitchen or a shelter or the United Way or your local regional theater. Because that is a horrific display of excess.

Furthermore. JC Penney's, I found out, doesn't employee people in their stores anymore. I was on the second level of the JC Penney's store, featuring Men's and Women's clothing and I couldn't find one employee, not one. But just so I am not an unequal opportunity ranter, Macy's had three employees standing within ten feet of four customers who were completely lost and they were too busy stroking each other to realize that they had about $400 in sales waiting to be helped and when I approached them, the response I got was similar to the response you get from a cockroach when you turn on the lights.

The upside of my day thus far (as I write it is 1:51 Eastern) is that my first real night of work went off without a hitch last night, which was a gigantic, gigantic relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home