Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I'll have the half a sandwich, a cup of the split soup and a cookie...

If you live in Providence and you have been to the Meeting Street Cafe, you know what is wrong with that sentence.

If you do not live in Providence, or have not been to the Meeting Street Cafe, that is what I had for dinner.

I ordered it, because I didn't want to fill up. I was going to "take it easy". So I ordered a half a sandwich (the New Yorker, which is corn beef on rye with mustard), a cup of soup (split pea with ham) and a cookie (for dessert).

Now let me tell you, unknowing people what is wrong with this and I will start from the cookie and work my backwards in the style of Memento. The cookies at MSC are delicious. THEY ARE ALSO THE SIZE OF A THREE-YEAR-OLD'S HEAD. They are not a little sweet either, THEY ARE SINGLE HANDEDLY KEEPING DENTISTS CHILDREN IN POSH PRIVATE SCHOOL. Seriously, if you are a human being, you have no business what-so-ever eating a whole cookie by yourself. NONE. Don't argue with me; trust me it is for your own good.

The "cup of soup". A picture is worth a thousand words. So here is a picture of the line cooks preparing my cup of soup.
Meeting Street Cafe Split Pea Soup with Ham

And the half a sandwich I had, well look I don't think I have to regale you with the details but here is another picture... (Scratch that. I just went looking for a funny picture of a sandwich that was larger than life. Do a google image search; use the key words huge sandwich or gigantic sandwich. Did you do it? Eww... Right? It took me to the ninth page to find a picture of Dagwood, seriously something is wrong with the world.) I am not going to post a picture but I will tell you that it is easily a sandwich and a half, with full 2/3rds of a pound of meat in it.

But here is the sickening part of it. I have eaten there before, many times as a matter of fact. I happen to really like it; I always order the split pea soup. It is wonderful. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE PORTIONS ARE LIKE, I KNOW THAT I AM GOING TO MAKE MYSELF SICK! AND I DO IT ANYWAY! (but the cookies are delicious and well worth it.)

On a totally separate note, I walked out of my house this morning (today was trash day) and I saw this wrapper laying on the street and I thought it was for a sex toy like a dildo or a vibrator or some kind of weird ... well never mind. But it was in fact the packaging for a Royal Blunts wrapper. Georgia Peach to be specific. Personally I think it is funny that they make tobacco wrappers you can buy loose to roll your wacky tobacky in these days. But the packaging for the wrappers alone is worth the $4.50.

The good news for the day is that my iPod seems to be not acting up as much right now. Fingers are crossed. Pray for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home