Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yo DJ Play that Music...

I want my own theme music. I have wanted my own theme music since I was about 14 when I first saw I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. I am not saying that this is the greatest movie of all time. I don't know that I remember much about it except a pimp in platform shoes with goldfish in them. But I remember at some point Keenan Ivory Wayans turns around and there is a guy with a "Boom Box" (or a Ghetto Blaster if you prefer) and he strikes up his theme music.

(There is also a great bit of music and -- God I can't believe I am putting this down -- dancing at the end of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension. I think that planted the seed for it all because I can remember watching that movie, nearly a hundred times with a kid named Joel Puckett.)

So I was thinking about it and I just don't WANT my own theme music, I think that if I don't get some to carry around with me my head might pop. That is really why I carry an iPod. It allows me to change my personal theme music whenever I want. Sometimes, I like to fancy myself a member of the Chamillitary on my way to work. Other times I like to listen to a little Brendan Bensen. But ultimately I have music in my brain, and the way my mind works this seems to be the most fitting. I don't know what it says about me that ultimately my them music is from a Henrik Ibsen play, or moreover that about a dozen people will hear it and know that. But this is it, folks, for better or worse.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out the article in the recent New Yorker about stage fright. You'll relate. - Jan

9/10/2006 10:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home