Thursday, September 21, 2006

Jargon... continued.

I checked my email and this just came hot of the email pony express.

"Here are some notes from our meeting today. I hope you found the time informative and useful. I enjoyed our meeting and I know we can help you reach your fitness goals.

Establish routines
Supportive eating behavior – eat 5-6 times/day, High fiber, fresh whole foods, avoid processed high sugar foods, eat whole grains, eat less food than present amts.
Cardio – do @ 180 to 220 minutes/ week at moderate intensity build up to the volume.
Strength – circuit train at high intensity 2 to 3 times per week. Start out at low levels and allow the muscle and connective tissue to adapt.
Good luck. Let me know if you need any help.



Rethinking Fitness,"

This is the email that I got from the guy that conducted my interview. Everything we talked about is in here. But my big question is on the closing. What does "Rethinking Fitness" mean and why are they both capitalized?

I would have gone with:
Fitfully yours,
Stay fit,
Fit this,
Having fit,

But the way it is worded, makes me think that he is subtly trying to tell me that he made the wrong choices during my interview. Is he rethinking my fitness, or just fitness in general? I am confused now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home