Monday, November 27, 2006

If it wasn't for proscatination... (and coffee)

So I am sorry for being so delinquent in posting, but I have been up to my eyeballs in Christmas Cheer and my work has been kicking the living shit out of me lately.

I am, as some of my frequent readers may know, applying to go back to school. Which has been a source of some angst and anxiety for me over the last couple of months. I have gone to the school, done my due diligence (my former profession would be so entirely proud of me) and made my decision. I have filled out my application and submitted it, along with my application fee. I have sent away for all my transcripts and they have been received. I have however, not been granted admission. And I found out today that the reason is because of an essay, a personal essay to be exact, that I thought (through some misinterpretation) to be optional for people transferring in with over 60 hours of course work completed. Alas, it is not optional and I am, instead of completing the essay, looking on iTunes for Christmas Carols. That is when I stumbled upon something glorious: AN AIMEE MANN CHRISTMAS ALBUM.

Now for another revelation about me. I love chick singers, love them. If I was on a desert island and had only 5 singers to listen to, one of them would be a female bad ass rocking band. I am not sure if it would be Siouxsie and the Banshees, or Concrete Blonde or Aimee Mann. But you can bet your ass one of my faves will always include a girl rocker. I don't know why it is, maybe something about the disharmony between the melody of a female voice and a driving guitar and a drum. But for whatever reason, if a band has a dominate woman singing I am in a camp that says the band is automatically 10 times better.

Now having said all that, I own TWO Aimee Mann songs and it feels like a travesty. She is just one of those people whom you hear on the radio and say wow that is awesome I need to get more of that, I always forget how awesome she is. And then you go to the bathroom, or eat a piece of good pepperoni pizza, or buy a snapple from a korean bodega and the thought disappears as you root around in your pocket for the 2 cents you need to keep you from getting 98 cents in change. (Tom Waits is another one that is exactly like that for me.)

Anyway I don't know where I was going with (see it is rooting around for the 2 cents thing again). Tomorrow off to work for two shows of Christmas Carol. Up to my eyeballs in Christmas Cheer.

5 Comments:

Blogger KayMac said...

Is it Christmas time already? I better get moving...

11/28/2006 05:18:00 PM  
Blogger Nicky said...

I'm with you on the girl rocker thing, as long as she really rocks. Debbie Harry, yes. Jewel, no. KnowwhatI'msayn?

11/28/2006 09:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to the essay angst. (I am applying to go back to school too.) It's a no win situation. Don't write and feel like a slacker. Write a kick ass essay and feel like a tool.

Me, I'm a tool. I can give you some tips if you want to be one too.

11/29/2006 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger Amy Guth said...

Dear Higher Learning Facility to Which V. Is Applying,

Let him in. He's way awesome and not a douchebag so it's totally cool to have him at your school.

Articulately yours,
Amy Guth.

11/30/2006 10:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss you, V!

12/07/2006 01:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home