Thursday, November 16, 2006

Optimisto/Pessimisto

A couple of years ago I saw these really cute glasses at Restoration Hardware (or some other such store). They were juice glasses and they had a line in them and above the line it said Optimisto and below the line it said Pessimisto. Adorable. Whatever.

So today, at work, I was kvetching about something, I don't remember quite what it was but I have a feeling it had to do with some scheduling thing coming up and I just couldn't get out of my negativity. I think at one point I said, once the show gets started it is going to fly by but until then we have to muddle through the gunk (or some other stronger word). At that point my co-worker says, "See, I am just a glass half-full kind of girl."

To which I pithily replied, "Yes, yes glass half-full. But when you have a glass full of piss does it really matter?" The office was uproarious with laughter, "good one." HA HA HA.

But it threw my whole day into a bit of a tailspin, because at that point I was in a half-a-glass-of-piss kind of mood. So then this woman came in, one that I am conceivably going to have to be doing some work with in the spring and we were talking about her job and somehow the phrase, "Well I do Chekhov much differently than T. does." Which I heard as, "YOU SUCK!" It was pretty weird.

So my resolution for tomorrow is be in a better mood.

One last kind of note-ish, my computer is starting to slow down uncontrollably and I think that if Apple keeps upgrading iTunes at its current pace, they will slowly force me to buy a new computer. Woe is me.

I don't really have anything to add right now, except that I just saw that iTunes has a big banner ad on their splash page that says that shitball John Travolta movie Phenomenon was just added. WHY? It wasn't that freaking good when it came out 12 years ago, do we really need a digital copy of it? Why can't iTunes get John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China? I would buy that.

Tomorrow = positive.

2 Comments:

Blogger KayMac said...

Tomorrow = positive. DITTO!

11/17/2006 02:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the brilliant riff on the glass of piss. The world deserves to hear (read?) it.

On the subject of Miss Negativity, I can relate. I often have an initial reaction like yours to such a comment. "I suck. He/She hates me." I am not a glass half full kind of girl. I can't turn that frown upside down. The best I can come up with as an alternative reaction is, "This lady has juts given me some information about what she'll be like to work with--a total pain in my ass--and I can use this information to prepare for the experience." That's as optimistic as I get.

11/17/2006 04:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home