Monday, November 19, 2007

"Oh look at the view, look at the people running, they've so much to do..." - Emma Pollock

I guess Christmas time is upon us. Black Friday is a mere day away, and I can't help feeling a little jaded about the spirit/meaning of Christmas.

For me Christmas started mid November, which is too damn early . I don't think that Christmas should be allowed to be pumped up until at least December first. But what the hell do I know, right?

I am sitting and watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade and I had a couple of quick hit thoughts here:


  1. NBC sucks. The commentary on the parade is trite, meaningless, and gratuitous; which is probably to be expected I guess, but still, I can't help but not give a shit about this thing.
  2. I am woefully out of touch with what is going in the world musically. Who in the hell is Kate Hanley? Why is she singing on a float with the Care Bears? And can't NBC, or the parade organizers, do something about the piss poor lip syncing. Seriously folks.
  3. Menudo. Shouldn't they be forty-five. I remember being eight or nine and seeing Ricky Martin in Menudo. I think I understand the idea of Menudo. But I still get confused.
  4. "High School Musical" is a disease.
  5. The high school marching bands are awesome. I saw my high school on the parade a couple of years ago and I don't think I ever felt more pride as an alumnus.
  6. Thank you to Wynonna Judd for not pretending. She came out with no "microphone". I think she probably just said to the guy, "Eff you. I am not talking out this foam covered Lummi Stick. I'm Wynonna Judd."
  7. There was a silver rabbit balloon that went by a little bit ago. It is part of a program (although I use the term loosely) where famous artists are designing balloons.
  8. With the writer's strike going on right now, I wonder who wrote this drivel. I imagine Jimmy the intern being given a pen and a mylar bag of coffee last night as the producers were standing over his shoulders cracking their knuckles.
  9. Thank goodness the parade is almost over. Santa is about to come down the road and he looks great. This year's Santa is a jolly looking dude. It is the best part of the whole show.


I hope everybody had or has a great Thanksgiving. Thanks for reading, thanks for leaving your comments.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard Christmas music about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving at our local market. I complained. Just too early.

12/03/2007 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home