Sunday, September 02, 2007

"It's time to bring this ship into the shore, And throw away the oars, forever."

Title provided by REO Speedwagon's Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore

CNN.com is featuring a video of a plane crash in Poland where two pilots died.

Folks this is wrong. We shouldn't be watching videos where planes crash and people die.

I don't want to get on a big diatribe about it but I will say this. We are doomed, as a species I mean, if this is news worthy material.

I am not a person who usually says we should pray about things, but I will certainly keep the families of those two pilots today.

I wish there was a way to globally boycott news when they do this.

On a not morally outraged note:

I took a free rowing lesson yesterday morning. It was about the most fun I think I have had in a while. I have been thinking about Oxford Blues for about two days non-stop. One of those classic 80's Americana movies. Something that is kind of interesting is that shortly after the movie came out--well within three years at any rate--there was a mutiny caused by some unpleasantries involving Americans on the Oxford Crew. For some strange reason I have read about this particular event a lot lately (I assume in part because this would be the 20th anniverary of the event. Long and short the Americans were given a bit of a bad wrap, they were spectacular oarsmen and when it came time to actually race a British Oarsman was taken from his preferred side of the boat to make way for a the President of the club; blah blah blah chaos ensued and the Oxford team beat Cambridge by making some pretty stunning, and illogical, decisions.

Back to the moral outrage.

I can't find Oxford Blues on DVD. Drats.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicky said...

On IMDB someone on the message board says it's available on DVD in the UK. It's probably zoned wrong though, huh.

9/03/2007 08:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home