Sunday, June 03, 2007

For the first time in my life (since I have been out of college and on my own) I have central air conditioning.

I can't even tell you how exciting this is. Yesterday was stifling. It was one of those ridiculously humid days where the air hangs thick and you can cut it with a machete. I was running around for most of the day trying to help get things set up for this big black tie affair that happened at the theater where I work. The good news is that it went off without a hitch, I had a lot of people that I did a good job. I was pretty psyched. I like doing good jobs.

The cool part was that one of the people who was an honoree was Olympia Dukakis. Which was awesome. She has been in plays a couple of times at the theater and she was the recipient of the lifetime achievement award and she gave this awesome two minute speech about fighting for things. It was pretty amazing. So this year I have met three no shit big time stars. In December I got to meet Billy Peterson, of CSI fame; Amy Morton, who is one of the most remarkable directors/actresses I have ever seen; and now Olympia Dukakis. Wow! What a year. I can't wait until next year. I am going to hold out for Richard Dean Anderson.

My new apartment is incredible it takes me four minutes to round trip to work. I left the soiree last night and was in bed fifteen minutes later. (That included a shower.)

I know I promised a post about my experience in Ikea, I am still working on it. It will be an epic post when it comes out.

Last thing. I have been reading a lot of the Neil Gaiman website lately. He has a great journal that he updates nearly everyday, access to short stories, updates on the movie Stardust (which is a film adaptation of one his novels). All in all a great website. One of the things I like best is the Q&A that he has on there. A lot of the questions offer some really great advise for young writers (young in career that is). I would encourage everyone to check it out if they get the chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home