Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"So, when they tap our mundane heads, To zombie-walk in our stead..."

Yuck. I am up to my ears in dust, memoribilia (that I can't remember the occasion of) and clothes that are either too big for me or too small for me; amongst that category is a shirt, a soccer jersey from when I was seven and a sweater with the Kentucky Wildcats logo on it from when I was three or four and it amazes me that I was ever that small.

It also amazes me that those two items, a bag full of stuffed animals and I think three classes photos are the only things that I have, to this point, kept of my youth. And I am okay with that right now.

While I was moving I made the decision to get rid of my various versions of Monopoly. I have four of them; one is a New York version, one is a Star Wars version, one is a Make-your-own-opoly version (which was a project that I was going to undertake for a friend of my mother's but then he turned out to be a bit of a dickhead so I have held on to it. FOR NINE YEARS!) And a version from London by a compnay called Waddingtons. I am keeping the London version, but only very reluctantly. Monopoly is one of those games that I hate, I mean viscerally hate it. I would rather stare at an eggshell colored wall and listen to Yanni than sit and play a game of Monopoly; and yet I somehow have FOUR versions of this game.

I didn't get them all myself, in fact, I only purchased the London version, which I bought at Harrod's. The others were gifts because various people in my family thought I was collecting them. Which is about the saddest collection I have ever heard of, and it makes me sad to think that somebody, somewhere actually likes monopoly and every night faces a difficult task deciding if he wants to play NASCAR version or Lord of the Rings Version or--why not live on the edge--National Parks version. Blech. I think I just made myself sick.

I am sitting in a chair that I really like because it fosters and urge to sleep and so I have to get out of it soon. But I am looking around my apartment which is in a state of total disarray and I am struck by the fact that I don't really have nearly enough stuff done. But I am trying to keep in mind that the last two times I moved (NY to NM and NM to RI) I had a full week of unemployment to plan for the move and to get things packed and I typically had over a month to start planning that.

This move has been complicated because I wasn't really even sure I was going to be able to move until the tenth. And I had sort of resigned myself to the fact and so I didn't do much to get things working in a positive direction and now I pay for it. I think I made myself sick again.

The other thought that I have had lately is that I am really happy with my taste in music. What I mean by that is that I have music that I can listen to on every occasion and my collection of music, at this point, is probably the most diverse of any person I know. I have a healthy selection of just about every genre music I am aware of (without getting specific and breaking up emo into ten categories). Anyway I made a funny comment to Lovely Wife about my iPod, which was, "The thing I like about my iPod is that there isn't a bad song on it." Which is true. There isn't. And why should there be. Life is too short for crappy music. So you will not see 4 non blondes on my iPod: it is however on my computer because it reminds me of a girl I used to date in high school who used to scream when it came on she hated them so much. Hehehe Good times.

Anyway enough procrastination. I have been on a real glut of writing lately and I am hoping that will continue through the summer as I get settled into my new apartment in Downtow... errr... Down CITY Providence. Keep checking Six Sentences, I will have some stuff coming up there in rapid fire succession.

And now I will get back to work. Today, I will rock out to The Shins probably all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home