Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Give them a boot to the head..."

I have been bothered lately in my job by a handful of behaivors.

I work in a theater and I have seen the amount of work that goes in to putting a play with a forty-three show run and I am very appreciative of it.

So lately, two things have been killing me.

The first is easy to describe. People who bolt from the theater before the curtain call. It is rude. Give the actor's their due respect. Sit down for the one minute it takes for an actor to walk out and take a bow. Argh, every time I see it I want to say something really nasty to them. Something nastly that can't be taken back.

The other thing... and this is painful. It is baseball season. I live about forty-five minutes from Boston. People--men mostly, but occasionally a woman-- will come in with a small radio tuner so that they can listen to the everloving fucking baseball game. DURING THE SHOW! That breaks my hearts. They play 162 games a season. Catch the highlights on ESPN, watch the nightly news, call in to 411 & more on your cell phone (which I have done) to get an update. But don't bring a fucking radio tuner to a theater, and then have the temerity to listen to it during the show.

Oh well, I can't control them, I can only hope that I have the opportunity to catch them as it happens and ask them to put it away or leave the theater.

Today, I am taking the day off of moving today, because I am sore in places in forgot I had. Which is exciting and miserable at the exact same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home