Wednesday, July 04, 2007

"Transformers, more than meets the eye..."

I saw Transformers last night. Because I am whore to The Man, because I like it when stuff explodes, and because my favorite part of the summer is mindless fun action movies.

It was the best movie I have seen in six months. It completely and utterly rocked. I haven't seen a movie that good (by summer movie standards) since I saw the first Pirates of the Caribbean. It had everything, amazing special effects, hot girls, dopey guys that win in the end, weird parents, and ROBOTS THAT TURN INTO CARS.

The movie, which I have described as a shameless commoditization of my youth, did a great job of recognizing the audience and threw in several nods to the TV show and comic where possible. It was spectacular.

On the sumer movie scale I give it 5 out of 5 stars (but they turn into little pyramid dancing robots, too.)

If you like to turn your mind off and just be entertained for two hours, then you might consider missing it. Or at least paying matinee prices.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to see a sequel that has really mundane Transformers. Like Wratchety, the robot who turns into a wrench.

I have to say I was pleasantly happy with the movie, especially given my general misgivings about Michael Bay. That said, did Bernie Mac's mother really have to be called Mammie?

7/09/2007 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger V. said...

I don't get it.

7/09/2007 11:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home