Monday, January 28, 2008

"All the women who are independent; Throw your hands up at me" -Destiny's Child

I read an article on CNN's political blogger that the New York Chapter of the National Organization of Women feels abandoned and betrayed by Ted Kennedy after his endorsement of Barack Obama.

I am not out of my mind, I hope, when I announce that I find it hilarious that they felt compelled to comment on a stodgy old white dude backing a hip young black dude. Dude is the operative word here.

If Nancy Pelosi came out and backed Barack Obama I would say they should be upset, betrayed and abandoned. But it isn't Pelosi, it is FUCKING TED KENNEDY. This guy, as they pointed out, was late to the table on Title IX, the ERA, the Family Leave Act and you are shocked and surprised that he endorsed a dude.

I don't know how to say this. But NOW should have come out and said, "Hey look at that, a fucking guy, endorsing yet another fucking guy to be president. Figures. Guess we will have to do this one on our own. Come on Ladies." Then if they could throw on some bandanas and toss a rivet gun over their shoulder it would make it awesomer.

Personally I don't like Hillary Clinton; not because of her being a woman (I voted for Libby Dole in the Republican Primary when she ran). I am not voting for her because she sent her ex-president husband (who I also voted for) out against the opposition like a fucking bull dog.

If Hillary is supposed to be a strong-minded woman candidate she can't fall back on her Hubby as the shin-kicking heel. She has to get out there and make me want to vote for her. I liked Bill Clinton but I don't want him to be president again, I want something new and exciting. And she has to reel him in if she is going to make me believe she is it.

What NOW should be doing is making Hillary a viable candidate without Bill hawking her like a cheap rolex on 59th and 6th, and get out there empowering and activating the women in the country to vote.

I mean Christ, Ted Kennedy? I can't believe anybody honestly thought that a Kennedy was going to endorse her; he is a Kennedy and they aren't renowned for their... progressive women's rights stances.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, so please tell me why you don't have your own daily column "The World According to V" in the Projo? Seriously.

2/06/2008 08:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home