Thursday, March 06, 2008

"I may not be a perfect soul, But I can learn self-control, So pardon me..." -Weezer

I found myself typing an email to a friend of mine today and wanting to say something that needed a qualifier; in this case it was, "I hope this doesn't sound too inappropriate." Then I sort of realized that if I have to qualify a statement like that then maybe I should just keep that thought to myself.

And that my friends is growth. On a personal level at any rate.

I still say wildly inappropriate things on a pretty regular basis but to be able to recognize that something like that is mind boggling to me. I wonder where the next bit of growth will come.

On a totally unrelated note but something that has been on mind lately. I love Amie Street. And again I feel like I am a day late to the show. What a great site. It has loads of legal free music, from bands that might be on the verge of breaking out and then you can be the guy that says, "Oh yeah Flibberdy Band, I used to listen them back before they were a Top 40 band and signed with XYZ Major Label." And isn't that what every music snob really really wants?

The selection of the music there is what I find the most mind boggling. I have no qualms with stating that my musical preference is for what I would call prog/indie rock; but I am using that term to encompass a lot of sub-genres like power-pop and pop rock. But Amie Street has Reggae, Rock, Alternative, Hip Hop, Country, Folk. It is a pretty diverse listing of music. And their pricing is amazing.

The pricing scheme involves a pretty amazing model where albums become more expensive as people buy them. So a band like Vampire Weekend (one that I have been listening to a lot) starts off at free and after a time becomes 98 cents a song. Although I have only seen one album that was that expensive.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Any particular recommendations?

3/06/2008 02:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home