Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sketchpad

New small bit up on my sketchpad. Marlowe's Sketch Pad

I realized the other night while I was beating the shit out of myself for not posting anything lately that I have been doing a ton of little snippet sized writing (a person in a coffee shop, a walk, a book cover, the way someone pours a cup of tea) and really ought to get some of it up so that I can get some feedback. So there is something new up.

I think that the hardest part of my taking any talent I may or may not have as a writer comes from the fact that for the better part of my life I have always considered myself a "Math and Science Guy" and that because I was a left brainer, or so I thought, creativity, in general, was never ever going to be my particular forte. But I think I am more right brained than I thought and I am trying to come to grips with it. Which is difficult and taxing and trying and somewhat earth shattering.

I would love to say one day that I am a writer but I just don't feel comfortable about it, because outside of some insane ramblings of people, or things I see which I find interesting, I don't really have the attention span to write much more than a couple of pages and I tend to lose focus, voice and tense really quickly.

I was working on something the other day and realized about 4 or 5 pages in that I was jumping back and forth so much (with reckless abandon) that I was getting a headache. In another story I was changing perspective, from 1st to 3rd person. I suppose the fact that I recognize that it is happening is a start, but it sure gets discouraging sometimes.

Anyway, any feedback you have would be much appreciated.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home