Saturday, January 27, 2007

Not the way to start the day.

Everyday this week I have woken up and checked the internet news services which I rely on for a bit of my current events. (BBC, CNN, NYTimes, Washington Post.) And everyweek the lead story on the splash page has been dead people in Iraq, or people dying in Iraq, or wanting to send more people - to die or kill - in Iraq. And it just gets disheartening.

The theater in which I work is putting on a production of Our Town, by Thornton Wilder, and it really makes me wish that everybody, EVERYBODY, understood that religious differences aside, skin color aside, sexual preference aside, gender aside, American League East affiliation aside. Everybody in the world is just trying to muster the strength to wake up every morning and go to provide for their family or loved ones. It makes me think of this great quote that I heard the other day. I am going to paraphrase it. Life is everything that you do every day; the wars, the elections, the olympics those are just sign posts to remind you where you standing when you made the eggs.

Have a nice weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good post...good reminder

1/29/2007 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home