Monday, January 29, 2007

Side Project

So some of you, the more diligent readers, know that I have another blog called Marlowe's Sketchpad and you have all been reading it and leaving comments for me and I appreciate it. But I have been really reticient in posting on it because I have been wanting to finish whole stories and get them up there, but then I realized that I have an overburdened sense of perfection (or dissatisfaction, depending on how I am feeling) and that I have been getting anything up on there. As a result I am missing out on things.

I mean the name of the darn page is Marlowe's Sketchpad. Sketchpad is the operative word. So what I should be doing with it is using it as an opportunity to do things like practice description and sentence structure and dialog and then be using some of those excercises to help me get more confident about the writing that I am doing now but in which I seem to lack confidence.

So I am, not promising, but suggesting that there might something that will be up on the other site and that if you wouldn't mind giving me pointers or comments I would really appreciate it.

I had a funny experience at dinner tonight there was a group of Asians in back of me who were saying they have been a lot of trouble learning to cook pasta. I wanted to say, "Oh it's easy; boil water, add pasta wait seven minutes (add one minute for every two thousand feet above sea level) and then enjoy with a little butter and salt." But then I realized that if you are Korean or Japanese or Chinese that the consistency of the noodles (flour vs. rice) might be just different enough to make boiling pasta diffiult.

Check back later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fully support the use of Marlowe's Sketchpad for sketches.

Alternatively, you could just rename your alter-blog-ego.

How about Marlowe's Uncorrected Proof? Marlowe's Galleys? Marlowe's Chapbook?

1/30/2007 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home