Monday, February 19, 2007

My new favorite playwright... today.

Friedrich Dürrenmatt. He wrote two excellent plays which I have read and seen in The Physicists and The Visit(respectively). I highly recommend him to anybody that likes to read drama, and anybody who likes to think while they read.

I have been reading Somersault by Kenzaburo Oe lately and I am taken aback by how intense, mentally, this book seems to be to me. Every page is so filled with imagery and emotion and story that it feels like it has taken me 6 weeks to make a dent in it. Oh wait it has. Well I am now well over half way finished and I have hit a bit of a lull in the book and am having trouble with the chapter, but if I endure it will get better.

Last things last, I have a new post up on the sketchpad take a look and leave comments.

Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home