Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"Dumb, da dum Dumb" Indy's Theme, John Williams

Don't expect a review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull. It never happened. This movie doesn't exist, I know because I saw it twice.

Put it right on the shelf with Rocky V, Highlander 2, and The Seeker. They didn't happen, this didn't happen, you can't make me believe that two once great men would defile their legacy so atrociously.

I will say this:

If they ever make an Indiana Jones 4 they better make sure of three things.

  1. There can be absolutely no monkey-ing around. It has to be the best damn Indy movie ever made.
  2. They shouldn't try any alien concepts that aren't tried and true. Indiana Jones is the erstwhile hunter of religious relics whose discovery neither confirms nor denies the existence of anything.
  3. They should make sure that if they are going to get someone like Cate Blanchett to agree that they don't waste her talents by rushin into a poorly devised mentally deficient character.


Those are just some thoughts I have on Indy 4; if they ever make one.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What would you think about the casting of Shia LaBeouf to handle the young-angsty role if this movie is ever made?

5/28/2008 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger V. said...

Sure that would be fine. They could also could look at Topher Grace, whose name is equally quirky and I think might have more depth; or, James McAvoy who is definitely better than both of them. But LeBeouf would be fine if they decided to make it.

5/28/2008 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger Madam Z said...

I'll never go to any movie with a Roman numeral after its name. One is enough, thank you.

5/28/2008 08:32:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The one thing I enjoyed about the movie (and yes, the one thing) was the fact that apparently Peruvian monkeys hate Commies. That was the point in the movie where I just said, "I give up...I totally give up."

You know, if the movie happened.

5/30/2008 11:50:00 AM  
Blogger quin browne said...

i'm sticking to my version (on my blog, thankyouverymuch) of how they came up with the concept.


i mean, 'cause indy would never fly through the air from a nuclear explosion in a lead lined ice box.

6/04/2008 06:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home