Monday, August 21, 2006

Third time is a charm.

As the title of this post indicates, this is my third attempt at a blog. I have tried another one on blogspot and one on myspace. They have all ended disastrously. I think I tried to create a topic and tried to stay on topic. But the long and short is that there is nobody that should ever want to listen to me ramble about my misgivings or opinions on squibble-dee-doo because frankly... who gives a toot. So in this my third attempt at a blog I am setting up three guidelines for myself.

1.) Write something everyday, even if it is just to say, "Nothing funny happened today, but nothing horrible happened either"

2.) Remember that nobody really gives a shit about my views on "important political issues".

3.) Be light-hearted, both in my humor but also in my views.

Since three is the theme, if you will of this post, I am going to tell you three things about me.

1.) I am tall
2.) My favorite movie of all time is "John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China." One day (maybe tomorrow) I will dedicate an entire post to this subject.
3.) I will argue with anybody about just about anything except for Abortion, gay marriage, and whether the Red Sox or the Yankees are the better team.
3a.) Here is why:
Abortion -- whether I am pro-choice or pro-life, no amount of facts, figures, indoctrination or common sense is going to change your mind.

Gay Marriage -- I am for it, and have yet to find one person who can argue why as a group of people we shouldn't allow two people, who love each other, the same right afforded to a man and a woman that feel the exact same way. One time this woman was to the point of screaming at me about the "sanctity of marriage" and actually told me that she thought it was unfair to a traditional married couple (read man and woman) because they would get a discount on their car insurance and soon we would have college roommates getting married for a discount on car insurance. Personally I think she missed the point on the argument in its entirety. Also she had been divorced three times. So I am certain she missed maybe even her own point. But enough about that. I am convinced we won't change each other's mind so let's not even try.

Red Sox v. Yankees -- if you are from New York you probably prefer the Yanks; if you are from Boston you probably prefer the Red Sox; nobody else gives a shit. Seriously I have run into more people that could not care less about the NY/Beantown rivalry. And with the way that baseball players have become mercenaries in the last ten years you can pretty much insure that the team that won you a World Series will be scattered to the ends of the Earth three seasons later (seriously what it is with 3 tonight?), and frankly I am not a committed enough fan of baseball to have the inclination to follow it.

So that is it, three things about me, on my third attempt at a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home